Alameda County Law Library, Oakland will be offering a class ~ Using Lexis Advance to Search California Forms of Pleading & Practice ~ MCLE ~ Tuesday, April 4, 12:00 to 1,
ACLL currently subscribes to the online version of California Forms of Pleading and Practice Annotated, a comprehensive resource with wide coverage of California legal procedure. This title provides the researcher with guidance for all types of civil actions and proceedings and, in addition, provides a wealth of legal document templates and forms.
The digital version is currently available through the Lexis Advance database on ACLL public access computers. With its detailed editing, it is an excellent place to begin most any California civil procedural legal research project.
This session will cover the topics –
- Introduction to California Forms of Pleading and Practice (CA FP&P) Annotated
- Restricting your search on Lexis Advance to CA FP&P material only
- Searching CA FP&P using Lexis Advance
- Searching CA FP&P using keywords and phrases
- Searching the online Table of Contents
- Searching CA FP&P index
- Searching for a form template to start drafting documents
- Downloading and emailing sections from Lexis Advance
Please note: This class is not an introduction to Lexis Advance. This class is geared towards legal researchers who have some familiarity with the basics of using the Lexis Advance database.
Instructor: Nancy McEnroe, Reference Librarian, ACLL
To register online: go to http://tinyurl.com/zx9j9j5 .