Access to the Continuing Education of the Bar’s (CEB) OnLAW is accessible for free here at the Alameda County Law Library.
CEB titles provide in-depth, professional California legal information.
The OnLAW database provides up-to-date electronic access to all of CEB’s titles including those in the area of Business Law, Civil Litigation, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Estate Planning, Evidence, Family Law, Real Property, Torts, and Workmen’s Compensation.
OnLAW is available on ACLL’s public access terminals. Access is also available to CEB’s materials and its downloadable forms in Word at http://ceb.com/OnLAW/ipaccess/default.aspx in both library locations via WiFi.
For a short tutorial on the steps on how to access OnLAW when using your laptop at ACLL locations from a previous The Advance Sheet click HERE.
Here is another tutorial authored by the same ACLL staff member.
OnLAW – Saving Content from OnLAW by Emily Bergfeld, Reference Librarian, Alameda County Law Library
Here are the steps:
1. Locate the practice guide you would like to view in OnLaw’s expandable directory. The list is along the left side of the Home screen.
3. Click “Print” on the upper-left hand side of the screen.
4. On the right side of the screen, select the radio button next to “Print multiple documents by choosing from the ToC on the left.”
5. On the left side of the screen, boxes will appear next to the chapter titles. Click the boxes next to the chapters or sections you want to copy. You can select a maximum of 50 sections. Once you have finished selecting the chapters or sections you wish to copy, press the “Print” button.
[Does the browser you are using allow pop-up screens? If not, you will see —
6. A new window will open, containing the full-text of the selected chapters or sections. When the Print dialog box appears, press the “Cancel” button.
7. Hold down the “Ctrl” key and the “A” key simultaneously to “Select All” the generated text.
8. Hold down the “Ctrl” key and the “C” key simultaneously to “Copy All” the generated text.
9. Minimize any open OnLAW windows to return to the Cybrarian Menu (or open Word on your device.)
10. Double click on the Microsoft Word icon on the Menu to open a blank Microsoft Word document.
11. Hold down the “Ctrl” key and the “V” key simultaneously to “Paste” the text copied from OnLAW into the blank Word document.
12. Print the document, or save the document to a flash/USB drive.