- In-Library Use: $10.00/credit hour
- 7-Day Check-Out: $15.00/credit hour
Participatory Credit: $20.00/credit hour (price includes Official Certificate of Attendance)
The MCLE compliance deadline for California attorneys in MCLE Group 2 (last name beginning with H-M) is fast approaching. Attorneys in this group must complete the required 25 MCLE credit hours by the February 1, 2012 deadline.
Of the 25 credit hours, at least 12.5 hours must be “participatory” credit. Attorneys are also required to complete 4 credit hours of Legal Ethics, 1 credit hour of Detection/Prevention of Substance Abuse or Mental Illness, and 1 credit hour of Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession.
To help attorneys comply with the State Bar requirements, the Alameda County Law Library maintains a large selection of current MCLE programs on CD and DVD at the Main Library in Oakland, as well as a smaller, satellite collection in Hayward. These materials can be checked-out by registered borrowers for a modest fee. The collection includes many programs in the required subject areas of ethics, prevention/detection substance abuse, and elimination of bias. The library also collects MCLE materials on the topics of law practice management, trial skills, and current developments in substantive practice areas. The library can provide a portable CD player and headphones to attorneys who wish to use the materials in the library, or patrons can bring in their own laptop.
Because the law library is a MCLE Multiple Activity Provider, MCLE materials may be rented for either self-study or participatory credit. Attorneys seeking self-study credit may use the materials in the library, or check the materials out of the library for one week. To obtain participatory credit, an attorney must listen to the program in the library, pay the required fee, and sign an Official Record of Attendance. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided to the attorney seeking participatory credit when the MCLE materials are returned.
MCLE Materials (Oakland)
- Complete List (alphabetical by title): http://www.acgov.org/law/documents/Oakland_Main_Library_Materials_2011_MCLEsList.pdf
- Detection/Prevention of Substance Abuse: http://www.acgov.org/law/documents/Oakland_Main_Library_MCLEs_2011_Ethics.pdf
- Elimination of Bias: http://www.acgov.org/law/documents/Oakland_Main_Library_MCLEs2011_Elimination_Bias.pdf
MCLE Materials (Hayward)
- Complete List (alphabetical by title): http://www.acgov.org/law/documents/Hayward_Branch_MCLEs_List.pdf